What We Offer…
- An internationally recognized beginner level certification program, specifically tailored to Boy Scout groups working towards the Scuba Merit Badge.
- 45%+ off our regular program tuition for scout groups (minimum of 8 participants), with use of all snorkel and scuba gear included.
- Years of experience working with all ages of divers (8+) in snorkel and Scuba programs. We have worked with hundreds of young divers over the years, helping them develop into safe, responsible and confident divers.
- Two of our staff are registered merit badge counselors for the Scuba Merit Badge.
Scuba Merit Badge Requirements are at the bottom of the page
Tuition Regular BSA
Open Water Diver Class $345 $275
Use of ALL equipment is included in tuition for BSA Members ONLY!!
Personal Mask, Fins and Snorkel is HIGHLY Reccomended – Increases comfort in the water
Open Water Diver Certification $345 +$95* $295*Open water Cetification includes Dive Site entrance fees, all dive equipment*, instructor fees. Not included is transportation, lodging, and meals. (No Refferals will be offered) *Dive Equipment Rental is for 2 days only, additional days will be an additional fee* *All Certification is provided free of charge when SCUBA Quality Mask,fins, snorkel and boots are purchased from TheDive Shop On McEver other wise wil need to pay the $95 rental fee*
Total cost: $570.00 (this tuition price is available to all family menbers, not just the BSA member)
Does NOT Include Agency Certification Card – $40
SCUBA merit badge requirements:
1. Do the following:
a. Show that you know first aid for injuries or illnesses that could occur while scuba diving, including hypothermia, hyperventilation, squeezes, fatigue, overexertion, injuries by aquatic life, motion sickness, nitrogen narcosis, and decompression illness.
b. Identify the conditions that must exist before performing CPR on a person, and explain how to recognize such conditions. Demonstrate the proper technique for performing CPR using a training device approved by your counselor. This requirement is part of the Swimming merit badge.
2. Before completing requirements 3 through 6, earn the Swimming merit badge.
3. Discuss the Scuba Diver’s Code with your merit badge counselor, and explain the importance of each guideline to a scuba diver’s safety. Completed during the Scuba Diver class
4. Earn an Open Water Diver Certification from an RSTC member organization. Satisfied by earning a PADI Open Water, NAUI Scuba Diver, or SDI Open Water Diver.
5. Explain what an ecosystem is, and describe four aquatic ecosystems a diver might experience. To be researched by the scout and discussed with the MB counselor.
6. Find out about three career opportunities in the scuba industry. Pick one and find out the education, training, and experience required for this profession. Discuss this with your counselor, and explain why this profession might interest you. To be researched by the scout and discussed with the MB counselor.
All the requirements, Other than items #2 and #4 above, can be found in the BSA Scuba Diving merit badge booklet, available from local BSA Council stores.
The Dive Shop On McEver Scuba School can help your scout group fulfill all the requirements for the new Scuba Merit Badge anywhere in the. Please contact us, we would be happy to come give a presentation at your next troop meeting!